Home Care and Home Health Care are two care options which are provided to homebound patients. Because they are both forms of in-home care, they tend to be used interchangeably. Since in-home care services are among the newest trends in the healthcare industry, it is really important to properly identify Home Care and Home Health Care.
As a home care provider, Healing Through Caring Homecare LLC wants you to be well-informed. This is why we have listed down some notable differences between the two types of in-home care. Read on to know more.
- Non-medical care
- Provided by caregivers/home care aides
- Personal care and companion care
- Help with activities of daily living; offer companionship
- Housekeeping, meal preparation, and personal care in Texas
- Main goal: To increase comfort at home
Home Health Care
- Clinical medical care
- Provided by skilled medical professionals
- Therapy and skilled nursing services
- Medication administration, wound care, and pain management
- Main goal: To help patients manage their conditions and recover
While these two both have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, it’s undeniable that they are both convenient care options for patients who prefer to stay in the comforts of their home.
In choosing between home care and home health care, there’s one important thing to keep in mind—which provider offers the services that best fit the needs of your loved one? After all, they are the focus of the entire process.