Do you notice yourself transitioning from being caring and positive to being unconcerned and negative? Are you starting to feel guilty when you spend time for yourself rather than caring for your loved ones? Or, are you seriously feeling the physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion in caregiving?
- Emotional and physical self-neglect
- Difficulty coping with everyday works
- Hopelessness or anxiety about the future
- Lack of energy and overwhelming fatigue
- Changes in appetite, weight, and sleeping patterns
- Feeling like caregiving is controlling your life
- Headaches, stomachaches, and other physical problems
- Depression, mood swings, irritability, impatience, or helplessness
- Withdrawal from friends, family, and activities you once enjoyed
- Sleeping problems to the point of excessively using sleep medications or alcohol
- Decline of the body’s capacity to resist illnesses and getting sick more often
- Feelings of wanting to hurt yourself or the person for whom you are caring
Don’t take burnout lightly. If coping with your loved ones’ illnesses, financial restraints, and emotional or physical demands of caregiving are strangling you, take advantage of our personal care services in Texas. In such a time as this, you need not compromise providing high-quality care to your loved ones when you can ask help from care professionals.
Needing help is not a sign of weakness, it just means you recognize that to give your best in caring, you need not be alone and you need a break. Care professionals can provide you with non-medical care, especially with the following:
- Break. You can get out of the house, visit your friends, and have some precious time with yourself.
- Assurance. You can rest easy knowing that professionals take over your caregiving responsibility.
- Expertise. Experienced caregivers will know how to handle the emotional and physical demands of your loved ones.
If you or your senior loved ones seek quality respite care services, get help from Healing Through Caring Homecare LLC.